How to make the perfect Caipirinha
My wife first tried a caipirinha at Disney's Coronado Springs resort when we first got married, and immediately fell in love (with the caipirinha). Naturally, we had to figure out how to make the cocktail at home.
It's now a tradition of ours to make this cocktail for our Dungeons & Dragons nights, which is following the theme so well, don't you think?
What is a Caipirinha? #
The Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail. It's made with Cachaça, a rum-like liquor made with sugarcane, as well as sugar and lime.
It's a very simple recipe of essentially pure liquor, so we sought to "mellow" it out and added seltzer water.
Makes 2 cocktails
- Turbinado/Raw Sugar
- 1 lime
- Seltzer Water (we buy cans)
- Cut lime in quarters, add two slices to each glass
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to glasses
- Add 2 ounces Cachaça to each glass
- Add 5 ounces of Seltzer Water
- Stir and add ice